For MLB, staying future fierce with Broadleaf meant being ready for future growth and innovation on top of a platform already offered to hundreds of thousands of fans.
Major League Baseball is made up of 30 distinct club teams, each with their own home stadium and 162 regular season games per team, for a total of 2,430 games a year, plus the playoffs. And with millions of fans tuning in over the internet, via MLB.tv and At Bat, MLB continues to innovate both in person and online.
- Thousands of concurrent service agents
- Tens of thousands of entitlements per minute
- Hundreds of thousands of daily subscriptions
The Broadleaf Solution
MLB leveraged Broadleaf Microservice-based Subscription and Entitlement services to independently handle hundreds of thousands of subscription renewals and millions of streaming viewers and listeners.
How We Solved it Better
- Broadleaf Headless Commerce Solution
- Subscriptions & Entitlements
- PIM, Cart and Checkout feature sets
The Business Impact
New Possibilities via Broadleaf
- 650,000 Subscription Renewals in a single day
- 56,000 Entitlements processed per minute
- 1,000s of concurrent backoffice agents
The opening day of the Yankees game had the highest traffic and as Kristina Pigneri, VP of Operations at Broadleaf Commerce stated, “During the initial 30 minutes of Opening Day, Broadleaf handled 40,000 requests per minute which scaled to a peak of 56,000 requests per minute, with servers at only 25% of load.” Beyond Opening Day and week, Broadleaf’s Headless Commerce solution continues year round to provide commerce solutions across all 30 teams, 30 stadiums, MLB.tv and At Bat platforms across every channel and device ranging from Apple to Android to Amazon, serving millions of baseball fans around the world.