The backbone of your microservice-based commerce
Critical for companies who want control over performance, security, custom development, and integrations, Broadleaf’s eCommerce Framework allows you to create a solution that best fits your business needs.
THE BROADLEAF DIFFERENCE
Access To Source
Built for Complexity
Transparency as a Practice
Based on Java and Spring, Broadleaf has a solid history of leveraging well known open technologies, as well as providing source to licensed clients. Supporting a variety of database platforms across multiple deployment options while staying compatible with any presentation tier technology, Broadleaf gives you all the control as you want.
- Access to Broadleaf source for licensed clients
- Leveraging open-source toolsets including Java, Spring, and SOLR
- Ability to deploy to any environment (cloud or on-prem) desired
- Supporting a variety of database options
- Integrated through any front-end tech with our OpenAPIs
Customization as a Feature
Industry-leading capabilities are included in the box, but Broadleaf’s capabilities beyond the box make us truly special. Extensibility is built-in at the application, API, and admin console layers. There’s no reason to change the Broadleaf core code in order to customize Broadleaf!
- Augmentations are available directly within Broadleaf’s Admin console
- Entities are extensible, including new fields, tables, and relationships
- Repositories can be augmented or overridden
- Services allow for custom business logic and external system integration
- Mapping is configurable, including the ability to augment to any database provider
- Endpoints and Message Channels receive JSON payloads to send to the service layer
Sophistication as a Standard
Technical and organizational complexity is better accounted for in modern eCommerce solutions, rather than worked around. With Broadleaf’s eCommerce Framework, you’re never stuck in a rigid product pattern, out-of-box (only) integration, or shared infrastructure. You have the power to adapt Broadleaf to meet your business needs, not vice versa.
- Adapt Broadleaf Domains to meet the data complexities you need to at scale
- Build your own APIs in addition to ours, to integrate your way
- Leverage our Hierarchical Data Management across multi-tiered catalog scenarios
- Ensure cross-team collaboration through our sandboxing and deployment workflows
- Determine your own deployment plan with our cloud-native and cloud-agnostic microservices