Note: Broadleaf Commerce currently offers integration with Braintree through a commercial integration module. To obtain this third party integration or if you have any questions about this module, please contact us at email@example.com
How It Works
- On the final checkout page, the customer fills out their credit card and billing information and hits submit. Using a combination of Broadleaf's Thymeleaf Processor and Braintree's Drop-In UI, the client can generate a seamless checkout page.
- Braintree will use the client SDK to generate a payment nonce which will then be submitted to the server instead of the sensitive Credit Card data.
- The server will then relay the payment nonce to Braintree to complete checkout.
- Braintree will send back a confirmation response.
- Broadleaf will then redirect the user to either a confirmation or error page to end the checkout flow.
To started integrating this payment gateway into your eCommerce application,
Broadleaf offers a Braintree Quick Start solution that allows developers to easily add Braintree functionality
with little configuration.